New York Knitworks, LLC - Privacy Statement
We are New York Knitworks, LLC (the “Company”, “New York Knitworks”, “we”, “us” and “our”).We are the developer and seller of a new class of gloves that keep you warmer (the “Products”) that we sell directly and through other companies, in stores and through websites, including our parent site at Uniqknits.com (the “Site”).
Each person or entity that uses our Site is referred to as a “user” or “you” or “your”. If you register on our Site, we will refer to you as a “registered user”. If you don’t register with us, we will refer to you as an “unregistered user”. This Privacy Statement and our other online documents apply to each user of this Site.
We may permit users to post feedback, comments and other content (“User Content”) for use on the Site or for any other use by us. The User Content, if accepted by us, may be used on the Site in addition to any other content we post on the Site (“NYK Content”).
This document is our statement of our privacy practices (“Privacy Statement”). Among other things, it explains how we and some of the companies we work with collect, use, share and protect personally-identifiable information via the Site, including without limitation personal financial information, and other sensitive information you provide to us directly or indirectly, including in any User Content you submit to us (collectively, “Personal Information”). This Privacy Statement also discusses your choices about the collection, storage and use of your Personal Information.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to any other websites, or any other shops (e.g., bricksand-mortar stores), or any other seller of our Products or any other goods or services. This Privacy Statement does not apply to any Personal Information or other information collected via any means other than this Site.
By using our Site, you understand and agree that we are providing a platform for you to shop, view, and buy the Products. When using our Site you consent to the collection, transfer, analysis, transformation, storage, disclosure and other uses of your information, including your Personal Information, as described in this Privacy Statement.
1. Information We Collect
Information you provide us directly
- Registration information. When you create or modify an account or subscribe to our Site, you provide Personal Information to us, such as your user name, password, postal address and email address.
- Profile information. You may provide us with additional profile information to make public, such as a short description of yourself, your website or a picture. You may also provide information to customize your account, such as a cell/mobile phone number for the delivery of short message system (“SMS”) or text messages. We may use your contact information to send you information about our Site, our Products, any orders you place, or to market to you. You may use your account settings to customize notifications from us. If you email us, we may keep your message, email address and contact information to respond to your request.
- Location Information. We may ask for your postal address or your geographic location information, especially if you place an order for Products with us. When you post User Content to our website or to social media, you may provide your location information, including global positioning system (“GPS”) data or other location information embedded in or accompanying the User Content (e.g., in tags or captions).
- Communications between you and New York Knitworks: We may send you emails, SMS or text messages, and other electronic communications for Product sales and delivery, account verification, notices of changes/updates to features of the Site, technical and security notices, and for other purposes. We may collect and store these communications.
Information we gather from your use of our Site
- Emails. We collect and may save private emails sent to us by users, and we may share your emails with any third parties or other users. Any public posts on the Site may be viewed by any user and is public to anyone who visits the Site. You may elect to disclose certain Personal Information and information that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information”). The information you submit in any public forums is not confidential or private, and New York Knitworks does not protect it. All information you choose to provide publicly, including information that identifies you or others, can be read, collected, or used by other users and by other third parties, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages and for other purposes.
- Analytics. We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends and other Non-Personal Information for the Site. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Site, including the web pages you visit, addons, and other information that assists us in improving our Site. We collect and combine this analytics information with analytics information from other users so that it cannot be used to identify any particular individual user.
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with other data,including User Content. For example, metadata can describe how, when and by whom an item of User Content was collected and how that User Content is formatted. New York Knitworks may collect and store metadata, including about each user’s public posts on the Site.
- Links. New York Knitworks may keep track of how you interact with links across our Site, including our email notifications and third-party Site by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Site, to provide more relevant local data, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Device Identifiers. We may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your computer, phone or other device, which uniquely identifies your device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by New York Knitworks. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third-party partner about how you browse and use the Site and may help us or others provide reports or personalized Content and ads. Some features of the Site may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Log Data. Our servers automatically record information ("log data”) created by your use of the Site. Log Data may include information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device and application IDs, search terms, and cookie information. We receive log data when you interact with our Site, for example, when you visit our website, sign into our Site or interact with our email notifications. New York Knitworks uses log data to review how we provide our Site and to measure, customize, and improve the Site.
2. How We Store Your Information
- We provide the Site from within the United States, and we store all Personal Information that we currently collect and retain on servers inside the United States.
- In the future, we may store Personal Information on servers located outside the United States.
- Certain types of User Content you submit to us might reveal your gender, ethnic origin, nationality, age, religion, sexual orientation, or other Personal Information about you or others.
- By using our Site, or by submitting your personal Information to us, you consent to the collection, storage, processing and onward transfer of your personal Information as stated in the current version of this Privacy Statement and the current version of our other online documents, including the Terms of Service.
3. How We Use Your Information
We share and use your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Opt-in with Your Consent. We may ask for your permission to share your Personal Information with other people and organizations outside of the Company, including to help conduct studies or provide you with other services. As with any opt-in procedure, you are under no duty to agree to a request that you opt-in.
- Affiliates of the Company. We may share your Personal Information with our Company affiliates (meaning entities controlled by, controlling or under common control with the Company) as necessary to provide the Site, and sell and service our Products. However, any Personal Information stored in one country or jurisdiction would not be forwarded to another country or jurisdiction, except in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Third Party Advertisers. We may work with third party advertisers and advertising networks, and we may provide your address, email address or mobile phone number to third parties, including third party advertisers and advertising networks.
- Opt-out Email or Postal Address. If you supply us with your postal or email address you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive such mailings, please let us know by sending an email to us at the “opt-out” address, below. We will remove your name from the list we use internally. Opting-out of these emails does not mean we remove your email from our system entirely, because we still retain your email addresses for other purposes.
- Opt-out Telephone Numbers. Users who supply us with their telephone numbers may receive telephone calls, texts and other communications from us, including communications regarding any Products they order, new products and services, or upcoming events. If you do not want to receive telephone communications, please let us know by sending email to us at the “Contact Us” email address or writing to us at the “Contact Us” postal address. Please provide us with your exact name, company name, address and phone number. We collect the phone numbers of those who voluntarily provide them to us. Although any mobile or other telephone communications from us do not incur any fees that we charge, standard messaging, minutes, data fees and other communications fees and taxes may apply. Check your communications plan for more details.
- Service Providers. We employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Site (e.g., payment processing, maintenance, analysis, audit, marketing and development). These third parties may have limited access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated to the Company not to disclose or use your Personal Information for other purposes.
- Required by Law. We may access, preserve and share your Personal Information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena). We may also access, preserve and share Personal Information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
- National Security and Intelligence Activities. We may release your Personal Information to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence and other national security activities when authorized by law. For example, under current law in the United States, certain federal officials may require that we provide particular information in response to a national security or related request, demand or order, and we would be required not to tell you that we complied with that request, demand or order.
- Change of Control. If we sell or otherwise transfer part or the whole of the Company or our assets to another organization (e.g., a merger, acquisition, or reorganization), your Personal Information such as user name and email address, User Content and any other information collected through the Site may be among the items sold or transferred. You will continue to own your User Content, but the license you grant to us in the Terms may be transferred to others.
- Non-Personal Information. We may share aggregated information that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information”) publicly and with publishers, researchers or connected sites. For example, we may share Non-Personal Information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Site. Non-Personal Information includes collective information about multiple users that does not reflect or reference an individually identifiable user.
- Other. In addition to some of the specific uses of information we describe in this Privacy Statement above, we may use Personal Information that we receive to:
- Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
- Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site.
- Provide personalized Content and information to you and others, which, in the future, could include online ads or other forms of marketing.
- Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Site.
- Develop and test new products and features.
- Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns.
- Diagnose or fix technology problems.
4. Your Right to Review, Request Changes, and Disclose Personal Information
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, each user may inspect and receive a copy of his or her Personal Information as stored in the Site. In rare circumstances, we may deny a request, and we may provide you with an explanation. If we deny your request, you may request a review by another professional, who will be chosen by New York Knitworks, and we will comply with the outcome of the review.
Subject to applicable laws and regulations, the Personal Information you provide to us remains completely under your control. If you believe the Personal Information we have is incorrect or incomplete, you may in writing request an amendment to your Personal Information. We will approve or deny each request, and notify you of our decision. If approved, we will amend the Personal Information. We will also make a reasonable effort to notify people to whom the Personal Information was released. In the case of a denial, we will provide the reason for the denial and instructions on how to appeal.
Any information or User Content that you voluntarily disclose for use of the Site, such as your user name, your Personal Information or your User Content, may become available to the public if you release it to other users or to the general public. Once you have shared your Personal Information or your User Content with other people, or otherwise made it public, that Personal Information and your User Content may be re-shared by others.
Our Site is not directed to persons under age 18. If you are the parent or guardian of a person under 18, and you become aware that your young person has provided us with Personal Information or User Content without your express consent, please contact us at email@example.com and we will remove the information or User Content, and we will terminate the young person’s account.
6. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may modify our Privacy Statement from time to time on prior written notice sent to the email address we have for you. For any user who has not provided us with an email address, the revised Privacy Statement will become effective no less than thirty (30) days after posting on the Site at www.Uniqknits.com.
7. Different Locations, Different Laws
The laws and regulations that address privacy rights and responsibilities (collectively, “Laws”) are different from one to another. Indeed, some of the Laws do or do not apply depending on different factors, including:
- Location or residence of the user.
- Location or residence of the individual that is the subject of the Personal Information (“Data Subject”).
- Location or residence of the person or organization that employs or contracts with the Data Subject.
- Location of each server or other machine where the Personal Information is received, stored, processed or forwarded to.
- Location of the relevant office of the Company.
Several of the Laws that concern unregistered users, registered users, and the Company are discussed in this Section, but these are not all of the Laws that may apply.
7.1 United States Federal Laws
Several of the federal Laws in the United States may apply to the Personal Information collected by us.
Currently, all Personal Information of users and registered users resident in the United States is stored on servers and other machines physically located within the United States.
7.1.1 Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
Currently, HIPAA does not apply to the Site as we are neither a covered entity nor a business associate (as those terms are used in HIPAA).
7.1.2 Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
Currently, COPPA does not apply to the Site. Each registered user and other user must be 18 years of age or older. As noted in this Privacy Statement, if we learn of any registered user or user is under the age of 18, or if any parent or guardian contacts us, we will close that person’s account and remove all information provided by the individual from our Site.
7.2 State Laws in the United States
Individual states in the United States have passed and enforce information privacy and security laws.
7.2.1 Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send us postal mail at:Attn: Privacy, New York Knitworks, LLC
1 Mayfair Road,
Eastchester, NY 10709
Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83(c)(2), we do not share users’ Personal Information with affiliate companies or others outside New York Knitworks for those parties’ direct marketing use, unless a user elects that we do so.
If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and a subscriber of any site where this Privacy Statement is posted, California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits you to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to email@example.com. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal, even if requested.
Currently, we do accept users and registered users from countries other than the United States of America. If you are outside the United States or a citizen of any country or jurisdiction other than the United States, then by submitting any Personal Information or User Content to us, or placing any order with us, you consent to the storage, processing, use and onward transfer of your Personal Information and User Content to us in the United States.
8. Use of Email Addresses and Other Contact Information
We collect the email addresses of those who voluntarily provide them to us, including users and registered users. You may receive subscription, editorial and other messages from the Site or from us. If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Contact Us
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement, please contact us online at email@example.com, or by postal mail addressed to:Attn: Privacy, New York Knitworks, LLC
1 Mayfair Road
Eastchester, NY 10709
10. Revision Date and History
These Terms were last revised: November 14, 2016.
Prior versions of this Privacy Statement are listed below: